only search Town.Clarkstown.ny.us


 
Office:845-639-2050
Fax: 845-634-5456
Email:
a.gromack@clarkstown.org

 
 
News from the Supervisor


 

Town’s Warming Centers Remain Open

Press Release.JPG

 

November 1, 2011

Town’s Warming Centers Remain Open

 

New City, NY - At this time, unfortunately, there are still many residents without power. Supervisor Alex Gromack has been in contact with representatives from Orange and Rockland and they are reporting that their goal is to have 90% of customers restored by midnight Wednesday and the remaining 10% by midnight Friday. According to O&R's website there are currently, approximately 7,500 customers without power in Clarkstown. They have restored power to 750 customers in West Nyack, 2,200 customers in Congers, 4,500 customers in Nanuet and 3,400 customers in New City and have informed the Town that they have increased their workforce by 2/3rds to respond to this storm. For more information please call 1-877-434-4100 or visit www.oru.com/customerservice.

 

The Town's warming centers remain open for residents to go to keep warm and charge electronics.  The warming centers will be open until 10pm at the following locations.

 

Congers Community Center

6 Gilchrest Road

Congers, NY 10920

268-9700

 

Pascack Community Center (pet friendly)

87 New Clarkstown Road

Nanuet, NY 10954

371-6650

 

Central Nyack Community Center

58 Waldron Avenue

Central Nyack, NY 10960

358-2500

 

An emergency shelter will be open at Rockland Community College Field House, 145 College Road, Suffern, at 6pm tonight.  Bedding and light snacks will be available, all other personal items and medications should be brought with residents using the facility.        

 

Orange and Rockland Utilities will be distributing wet and dry ice again tonight from 6pm to 8pm at the Rockland Boulders Stadium/Provident Bank Park in Pomona.

  

Currently the Town of Clarkstown Highway Department is coordinating their efforts with O&R to open roads that are still closed as a priority. Their next priority will be to put resources towards roads that are partially blocked starting with the main roads followed by the secondary roads.  In addition, the Highway Department is addressing hanging limbs throughout the Town.  Please contact the Highway Department at 623-7500 to report a hanging limb. 




 
 
10 Maple Avenue, New City, New York 10956 • Telephone (845) 639-2050 • (845) 634-5456
a.gromack@clarkstown.org
 
 
 

Town of Clarkstown 10 Maple Avenue, New City, NY 10956 (845) 639-2000
Questions or comments regarding the website? Contact the webmaster at webmaster@clarkstown.net